Saturday, November 22, 2014

Peanut Butter Butterfinger Cookies


Why oh why is the candy industry torturing me?  Now they are selling giant, regular size and mini versions of nearly every candy bar on the market.  My weakness - minis.  Mini - Bite Size - Bites - no matter what you call it - it all means the same thing to me - dangerous.  Seriously - I cannot seem to stop myself from popping these tiny nuggets of candy into my mouth. 


The only thing that seems to stop me from eating all of the delicious bites of chocolate is to bake them into a cupcake or a cookie.  (Yes, I realize that I would be better off eating them out of the bag but I'm in complete denial.)


So here it is - a creamy peanut butter cookie with a sprinkling of chopped butterfinger candy bar baked into the top.  What more could you ask for?  You really do need to try these. 

Butterfinger Cookies


1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
2/3 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
2 egg whites
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 (2.1 ounce) Butterfinger candy bars, chopped


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.



Add the egg whites and beat well.



Beat in the peanut butter and the vanilla, mixing until well combined.



3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture and mix until just combined.



Using a medium cookie scoop (about 1 ½ tablespoons) shape dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle chopped candy bars on top.
Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.



 Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.



Peanut butter butterfinger cookies - glorious.  That is all I can say about these cookies.


Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment