Thursday, October 2, 2014

Sweet Mustard Rosemary Chicken

 
Scrolling through Pinterest one evening, I ran across a recipe for "Man Pleasing Chicken."  Curious about what that actually meant, I clicked on the recipe.  I was directed to wittyinthecity.com and as I read through the recipe on this very creative food blog, there was one line that just seemed to speak to me:

"If you are the busiest person on the planet and don’t have much cooking experience, but you have to prepare a meal to woo the love of your life, cook this chicken!"

Ok, so maybe it only FEELS like I am the busiest person on the planet, and I DO have some cooking experience but I WOULD like to prepare a meal to woo the loves of my life. 


I wasn't thrilled about the name of this dish so I debated over what to actually call it.
     Worlds easiest chicken
     Chicken in under 30 minutes
     Chicken your whole family will love

None of those seemed quite right, so I settled on Sweet Mustard Rosemary Chicken. 


Sweet Mustard Rosemary Chicken
1/2 cup honey Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
salt and pepper
fresh rosemary








Combine mustard, syrup and rice vinegar.











Season chicken with salt and pepper.









Place chicken in a glass baking dish.  Pour sauce over chicken.


Bake 30-40 minutes at 450.


Serve with your favorite veggies and bread.



Ben and Courtney really liked this chicken.   Who knows, maybe this really is "man pleasing chicken."

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment