Saturday, October 11, 2014

Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes


Well I feel a little embarrassed because it's officially Fall and the heart of pumpkin season and am about to post a recipe that is going to seem out of place.  The truth is that I was cleaning out my blog posts and I JUST found this blog that I had written on raspberry lemon cupcakes that I COMPLETELY forgot to post - Three months ago when I made them. 


I debated whether or not to even bother posting it now because these cupcakes just don't seem to fit in with my other Fall recipes on the blog right now but honestly, they were too good NOT to post them.  So here I go - posting a raspberry lemon cupcake recipe in the middle of October and hoping that my blog friends will understand.  I'm sure that those of you who know me will COMPLETELY understand how this could happen to me.  (I tend to take on a LOT of different tasks all at one time and it's not uncommon for me to forget things.)


These cupcakes really were delicious and even though they may not seem appropriate for Fall, I hope that you will give them a try. 


Raspberry Lemon Cupcakes

Lemon Cupcakes

  • 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
  • 1 cup (200g)granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
  • zest + fresh juice of two medium lemons*

Raspberry Frosting

  • 3/4 cups (170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature*
  • 3 and 1/2 cups (420g) confectioners' sugar
  • 3 Tablespoons (45ml) heavy cream*
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
  • 1/2 cup (165g) thick raspberry preserves or jam*
  • fresh raspberries and lemon slices to decorate, optional
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line 12-count muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.






Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed in a large bowl until creamed. About 2-3 minutes.






Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat on medium-high speed until everything is combined, about 2 full minutes.


Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Set aside.  Beat in zest and lemon juice.








In a medium bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, and salt.


 


Slowly add the dry ingredients alternating with milk in 3 additions, beating on low speed after each addition.


Batter will be thick. Do not overmix this batter at any point. Spoon batter evenly into 12 cupcake liners.

Bake for about 20 minutes.

 Cut a hole in the center of each cupcake.


Fill each center with lemon curd.









Frost with raspberry buttercream.







 Decorate with a lemon slice.


Are you wondering what the inside looks like?


Yum.

Ciao!












No comments:

Post a Comment