Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pancake Bites


Do you remember the first time that you realized that everything on the internet wasn't true?  Or the first time you saw a commercial on television for a product that you later realized was
misrepresented?  I just hate those moments when I realize that something isn't all that it's cracked up to be.


Unfortunately, it happens a lot with recipes that I see on the internet and try and reproduce at home.  I get all excited about the beautiful pictures that are attached to the recipe and for some reason I STILL don't have enough common sense to realize that my homemade version is NEVER going to look like the picture.  (Maybe someday, I'll learn.)


You are probably wondering why in the world I am talking about this and then attached these beautiful muffin pictures to this post.  That is exactly the problem - these are NOT muffins --- they're PANCAKES!!!

I found this recipe on Pinterest and I had no idea that they were going to look like muffins but ... they did.  Don't let me kid you - they tasted great - like pancakes - but they LOOKED like muffins.


Pancake Bites
Prepare pancake batter according to package directions.


Fill greased muffin cups (I used mini muffin cups.) with batter 3/4 of the way full.  Top with blueberries, chocolate chips or cinnamon sugar.


Bake 15 minutes at 350.


Go ahead and pour the syrup over these little babies.  They may look like muffins - but trust me - they're pancakes. 

I know - I probably should have realized that they were going to look like this when I started to pour the batter into muffin pans but I still thought they would be nice round FLAT pancakes.  

Oh, well.  The cook thing is that they taste great.  Maybe I'll just rename muffin bites which would better represent their puffy shape.
 
 Ciao!





No comments:

Post a Comment