Thursday, September 11, 2014

Monkey Bread Muffins


I have a whole stack of breakfast recipes that are just waiting to me made.  I always have the best intentions of baking a great new breakfast recipe at night before I go to bed but unfortunately, when 6 AM rolls around, I lose all sense of enthusiasm and I certainly am not ready to pick up my camera and start snapping pictures of food before 7:00.



So what do I do to compensate for my lack of morning motivation?  Bake my breakfast the night before.  The only problem is that when I bake breakfast at 9 at night, we EAT breakfast at 9 at night.  


I found this idea for Monkey Bread Muffins on Pinterest and I didn't follow the recipe online but I did use it as inspiration for my own version.   And yes, I made some extra muffins so we could eat some as a bedtime snack and the rest for breakfast the next day.  



Monkey Bread Muffins
(Makes 6 jumbo muffins)
3 (7.5 ounce) tubes of refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 stick butter
1/2 cup brown sugar

Cut each biscuit in quarters.









Combine cinnamon and sugar.







Roll each biscuit quarter into a ball and roll in sugar.


Fill muffin cups with cinnamon sugar biscuit balls.


Sprinkle remaining sugar over muffins.









Combine butter and brown sugar.  Bring to a boil. Reduce to low and cook 1 minute.








 Pour butter mixture over muffins.


 Bake 18 minutes at 350.


Cool on wire rack.


Here's the best part, you can eat these tiny bites of buttery, cinnamon sugar goodness, one at a time so the muffin last longer than regular muffins.  (That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.)


Turns out - these muffins are just as good for bedtime snack as they are for breakfast the next morning.  Tomorrow night - I think I'll make french toast for snack - just kidding.

Ciao!










No comments:

Post a Comment