Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Marinated Pork Tenderloins



I am loving these cooler Fall-like temperatures.  (Just to be clear - when you live in Atlanta, anything below 85 qualifies as a fall-like temperature.)

I've been taking some nice, long walks through the neighborhood with Mia to take full advantage of the cooler weather.   It's not always easy to squeeze a walk into my busy schedule but it really does both of us good to get outside and get some fresh air.

And believe me, she lets me know when I've been ignoring her too long.  I get so caught up in my baking that I can forget to give poor Mia any attention at all.  


Most people think that since I'm in the kitchen all day, that I would always have dinner prepped and ready to go too.  (Soooo not true.)   There are a lot of days, when I've been so wrapped up in baking that dinner is the farthest thing from my mind. 

Some days it's easier for me to prep dinner before I start baking.  I love dinner recipes that I can prep early so when dinnertime rolls around, everything is ready to cook and go.  This one is super easy to prep early and its delicious.


Marinated Pork Tenderloins

For the balsamic-rosemary marinade:

  • 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 Tbs. soy sauce
  • 4 1/2 tsp. firmly packed golden brown sugar
  • 3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh rosemary
  • 5 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 2 pork tenderloins, about 2 1/2 lb. total,
      trimmed
  • Salt, to taste


To make the balsamic-rosemary marinade, in a food processor, combine the vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, rosemary, garlic and pepper and pulse until blended.

 











Place the tenderloins in a ziploc bag and pour the marinade over them. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for up to 6  hours.









Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove the tenderloins from the marinade.
Grill the meat over the hottest part of a charcoal fire or directly over the heat elements of a gas grill. Turn the meat every 4 to 5 minutes and baste with the marinade for up to 5 minutes before the meat is done until cooked to your liking, about 20 minutes total for medium (slightly pink at the center and juicy).


 Move tenderloins to a platter.  Cover and let rest 10 mintues.


 Slice against the grain and serve.


Enjoy!

Ciao!










No comments:

Post a Comment