Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Toasted Butter Pecan Cake






My current passion - turning my favorite ice cream flavors into delicious, cakes. 

Any butter pecan fans out there?




I think the name alone draws huge appeal.  Anything with the name butter in it, has GOT to be good.


I've had this recipe for several years and I can honestly not remember where it came from originally.  I converted it from a two layer cake to a three layer cake because lets face it, when it comes to cake, bigger is better.


Toasted Butter Pecan Cake
1 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup butter                    4 1/2 cups flour
3 cups chopped pecans                          3 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups sugar                                           3/4 teaspoon salt
6 eggs                                                     1 1/2 cup milk
3 teaspoons vanilla

In skillet, melt butter and saute pecans until toasted.  Cool.


Cream butter and sugar in mixer.
 

Add eggs, one at a time. 
 

Beat in vanilla. 


Combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Add to mixture alternating with milk.


Fold in pecans.


Pour into three 9” cake pans.
 

Bake 25 minutes at 350.

Frost with vanilla buttercream.


Press additional pecans into lower edge of cake and decorate with piped swirls and pecan halves on top of cake. 


Now all of you butter pecan ice cream fans can enjoy your favorite treat even when the ice cream shop is closed.  Enjoy friends.

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. This cake was really good! I made it to take to work for a coworker's birthday and the entire cake was gone! Thank you for sharing!
    Painting Sacramento Website

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that your cake was a big hit. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete