Saturday, July 5, 2014

Salmon BLT


I rarely make a meal that makes everyone stop and take notice.  Normally I can appeal to at least one of my family members taste buds but hardly ever do they all agree on the same dish.

The salmon BLT's that I made a couple of weeks ago were the exception.  We ALL agreed that these were delicious.

I love that they were simple and healthy and most of all, super yummy.

Salmon BLT
4 salmon filets
salt and pepper
4 strips of bacon
1 avocado
1 tomato
4 lettuce leaves
4 chiabatta rolls
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard

Heat grill and get salmon and bacon ready to cook.


Cook bacon on the grill.  (My dad taught me this trick.)

 
Toast chiabatta rolls.












Slice tomato and avocados.












Combine mayonnaise and dijon.


Grill salmon.


Spread mayonnaise mixture on roll.
Layer on remaining ingredients.


I prefer the open faced version.
 

But my family likes the sandwich version.


These sandwiches make the perfect, quick summer meal.  They're light and yet filling at the same time - I don't even know how that happens - but it was. 

You need to try these for yourself.  I'm pretty sure that you're going to love em.

Ciao!














No comments:

Post a Comment