Friday, June 27, 2014

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake



Those of us who live in the South started our summer over a month ago when the kids got out of school, but for those of you in the Northern United States, summer has only just begun.  Either way - get out an enjoy every moment of it. 

Spending long, hot days in the pool, reading a good book while rocking in the chairs on the front porch, picking fresh vegetables out of my garden, catching lightening bugs after dark, taking my family for ice cream - those are the things that I love most about summer. 


(Anyone else think it's strange that the box of ice cream sandwiches has a picture of a wrestler in a singlet - holding up and ice cream sandwich?)

I am all about simple, easy summer meals so I can spend more time with my family and less time in the kitchen preparing food.  The only exception to that is when my family is IN the kitchen with me and we're preparing a meal together.  Sometimes, it takes a little planning but with the right ingredients, I can entice even the most reluctant teenager into the kitchen to help.

This recipe is so simple - anyone (literally anyone over the age of 2) can make it.  There are 3 ingredients and your family will love it. 

Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Start by lining a 9x13 pan with freezer paper.  (Or parchment paper)  Unwrap ice cream sandwiches and arrange in the bottom of pan.  (I used 12)


Spread a layer of hot fudge sauce over sandwiches.  (Neatness doesn't matter.)


Top with a layer of cool whip.












Top with another layer of ice cream sandwiches.












Spread with cool whip and top with sprinkles.


Freeze overnight.
Remove cake from pan using freezer paper.


Slice into squares.


Simple but delicious.  What could be better than an ice cream sandwich on a hot, summer day?  An ice cream sandwich covered in hot fudge and cool whip - that's what.

Enjoy friends and keep cool this summer.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment