Friday, June 13, 2014

Avocado and Artichoke Pasta Salad

A sunny, Sunday afternoon spent at the lake - totally relaxing. 


Except for the time that the kids were tubing of course.  I would call that thrilling - Not so much relaxing.



Thank you to our gracious hosts (of which, I do not have a picture) and our esteemed boat driver for the great day on the lake.


Why does being around the water make me hungry?  I didn't tube or fish or do much of anything except relax and for some reason, I was exceptionally hungry that day - just because I was NEAR the water apparently.

We had ribs for dinner and I had made a new pasta salad recipe from my taste of home magazine to go along with our meal.  I loved the avocado and the artichokes in the salad but it was a little heavy on the lime juice.  I will make this again but cut back on the lime just a little next time. 


Avocado and Artichoke Pasta Salad
1/2 pound spiral pasta
14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

Dressing
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons lime juice
1 Tablespoon minced cilantro
1 1/2 teaspoons lime zest
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions.


Combine artichoke hearts,


tomatoes,


avocado,


 and cheese.


Add pasta and gently stir to combine.







Combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.







Top with cilantro.


 Ribs and pasta salad and a day on the lake - happy summer friends.

Ciao!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment