Saturday, May 17, 2014

Grilled Chicken


I can't say that I wasn't warned but good grief - senior activities have taken over our life this month.  How in the world did graduating from high school turn into an all consuming month long schedule of events for the entire family?  Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining because I am enjoying every moment of it but I will say that our meals have suffered a little bit lately due to lack of time.

I found a great QUICK recipe for grilled chicken in my fresh and fabulous magazine a couple weeks ago that was perfect for our hectic schedule this month.  It requires no marinating, it used ingredients that I already had on hand AND my family loved it.  This one is definitely a keeper.


Grilled Chicken 
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
2 Tablespoon shallots, minced
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon minced thyme
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
4  chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon olive oil

Combine vinegar, shallots, sugar, thyme and dijon in a bowl.  Season with salt and pepper.


Whisk in 3 T. oil.   Stir in tomatoes and cheese.
 











Brush chicken with 1 T. oil and season with salt and pepper.











Grill chicken.


Drizzle with vinaigrette.



 Serve with grilled veggies - drizzled with the same vinaigrette.


This was a super yummy dinner - even on the busiest of weeknights.  Both kids ate this up too - even without scraping off the vinaigrette.  (Wonders never cease.)

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment