Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Baked Orange Roughy



I started a new workout program at the beginning of March.  Don't laugh --- I'm doing TapOut.  I investigated all sorts of workout videos and there seemed to be a lack of video programs with really intense cardio AND good resistance workouts.  In what I think was a moment of temporary insanity, I ordered TapOut and prayed for the strength to get through it.

Now that I'm about 3 weeks into the program I feel like I can I can give you my honest evaluation - it's awesome.  The cardio is as hard as Asylum but I don't feel like I need a nap 30 minutes after every workout.  All of the resistance work is all done with bands which is my new favorite way to build strength.

I'm somewhat of a home workout video junkie.  I've done P90X, One on one with Tony Horton, Insanity, Asylum and some of the Jillian Michaels so I'm no stranger to high intensity workouts.   I've learned that in order to keep up my energy while I go through these programs, I need to increase my protein intake.  Lean protein becomes my best friend. 

I tried a new recipe from http://stephscafe.blogspot.com for Orange Roughy and it was REALLY yummy.  It totally hit the spot since I was starving after my TapOut workout.


Baked Orange Roughy
2 cups dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley (or dried)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
6 orange roughy fillets
1 cup buttermilk, well shaken








Pre-heat oven to 375. In a large flat dish, mix first 8 ingredients. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.












 

Dip each fillet in the buttermilk.  














Coat it with crumbs, pressing to be sure they adhere.





 

Arrange the fillets in the baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.


I love really simple fish dishes.  Nothing fancy or overly fussy - just simple, delicious fish.  Yep, this dinner hit the spot.

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment