Thursday, August 8, 2013

Steelhead Trout with Honey Glaze

For my birthday this year, my wonderfully thoughtful husband bought me tickets to a concert at the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Colorado.  It is an incredible amphitheater - unlike any other that I have seen.  Before the concert, my brother, my cousin and his wife and Ben and I all met for dinner at a restaurant that my cousin chose, called The Fort.  The setting was a bit quirky but the food was fantastic. 


(Wow, I don't realize how short I am until I see myself in a picture.)  I ordered the bacon wrapped stuffed trout.  It was fabulous.  It was so good in fact that I had the desire to make trout as soon as I got home.  (I made my homemade version without the bacon.)  I found some really great looking steelhead trout at the grocery store.  It is closely related to the salmon so if you can't find steelhead trout for this recipe, you can swap it with salmon.

Steelhead Trout with Honey Glaze
1/4 cup butter
2 garlic cloves
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons soy sauce





This recipe makes enough for 2 pounds of fish so if you're only cooking 1 pound, divide it in half.
Melt butter in saucepan.













Add remaining ingredients.


















Place fish filets on a piece of foil.














Pour sauce over fish.














 Wrap foil tightly around fish.
















Place on grill for 10-15 minutes.







Voila - steelhead trout dinner in under 15 minutes.








Even though I didn't wrap my fish in bacon like they did at The Fort, it was still delicious.  The little foil packets make clean up super easy too. 





After our dinner at The Fort, we headed to the Red Rocks Amphitheater to hear the Denver Symphony Orchestra and Josh Groban.

 


The Josh Groban concert was very good.  Not sure I would call myself a Groban groupie - but I enjoyed the concert a lot.  


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment