Thursday, July 25, 2013

Herbed Grilled Chicken Wings


Does anyone else experience that moment of total disbelief when you're out to dinner with your kids and they order something off the menu that takes you completely by surprise?  It never ceases to amaze me what my kids will order at a restaurant that they would NEVER eat at home,  Seriously - my daughter ordered a Cesar salad as her lunch the other day?  I can't begin to count the number of times she has been offered a Cesar salad at home and refused to eat it.  I don't think I'll ever be able to unravel this mystery so I've just decided to roll with it.  My son's restaurant meal of choice lately - wings.  I've made wings at home in the past but I decided to give it another try since that seems to be what he wants to eat lately.  I found this recipe for Herbed Grilled Chicken Wings in my BonAppetit magazine.  The question is, will he like these wings as well as he likes restaurant wings?

Herbed Grilled Chicken Wings
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
kosher salt
pepper
2 pounds chicken wings

Combine garlic, oil, oregano and rosemary in a ziploc bag.  Add chicken and seal bag. 


Chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.  Remove wings from marinade and grill for at least 15 minutes. 


Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy.



Serve with your favorite side dish.


Well you're probably wondering whether or not the kids liked my grilled wings as well as they like restaurant wings.  My son actually really enjoyed.  He kept asking if I really made them or if I had bought them.  (I guess I'll take that as a compliment.)   My daughter didn't really care for the wings.  She thought the wings tasted to "smoky" which ironically, is the same reason that Ben and I liked them so well.  The Big Green Egg adds a nice smoky flavor to everything and sometimes the kids don't really appreciate that taste as much as adults. 

Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment