Monday, June 24, 2013

Grilled Chicken Parmesan


Chicken parmesan is one of my favorite things but I rarely order it in restaurants because it's almost always breaded and fried.  As I was leafing through the June issue of my Cook's Country magazine, a recipe for GRILLED chicken parmesan caught my eye.  Could you really make a grilled, healthy version of the classic Italian dish without all of the oil and breading?  It was worth a try.

Grilled Chicken Parmesan
1 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoon minced shallot
1 clove garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
6 chicken breasts
2 Tablespoon mozzarella







Melt butter in saucepan.















Add shallot and saute until soft.

















Add garlic and heat 1 minute.  Add tomatoes and bring to a boil.











Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes until thickened.






Remove from heat and add fresh basil and parmesan.








Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill.








Turn and grill to 150 degrees.


Add a spoonful of bruschetta to each chicken breast.


Continue to grill until chicken reaches 160 degrees.  Transfer to a platter.


 Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes.


 I served my grilled chicken parmesan with a green salad.


This was sooooo good.  I am definitely going to be making this chicken again soon.  Both kids scraped off their bruschetta and ate the chicken plain but I'll keep working on that.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment