Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Czech Parisian Cookies


Pirouette cookies are one of my husbands favorites. They're a thin, rolled wafer cookie filled with some sort of delicious, chocolatey filling. Pepperidge Farm makes some that are really good and I found a recipe online that claimed to resemble the Pepperidge Farm cookies. In my opinion, these cookies would be a very DISTANT relative to the pirouette.  I'm not saying that they were bad, quite the contrary. They were very good - just not at all like the delicate wafer cookies that I buy in the aluminum canisters at Christmastime.

I was looking for a cookie that I could shape into a princess cap for the top of a pink lemonade cupcake. This cookie recipe caught my eye because they were moldable and shapeable.  I turned a few of the parisian cookies into princess hats and the rest of the batch, I rolled into cylinders.


Czech Parisian Cookies
Ingredients:

  • 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons softened butter

  • 1 cup confectioners' sugar

  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour

  • 4 large egg whites

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  •  
  • Heat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar
    until light and fluffy. 


Add flour, egg whites and vanilla until well combined.



Liberally coat a sheet pan with cooking spray. Spoon 1 1/2
teaspoons into 4 quadrants of the pan, spreading each portion into a
4-inch-by-3-inch oval.



Bake 3 minutes or until edges are golden.












Using a metal spatula, loosen cookies but leave them on the pan. Working quickly, place one cookie upside down on counter and roll it lengthwise around the handle of a wooden spoon.











Remove rolled cookie and let cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining 3 cookies. If they get too brittle, place them in the oven for a minute or so to become pliable again. Repeat with remaining batter.



And the princess caps...




Cones or cylinders - equally delicious.

Ciao!







No comments:

Post a Comment