Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Zucchini Pizza



The kids are out of school for the summer. Yea! Both of my children are officially high school students now!  To celebrate the end of school, we had a pizza party at the pool this weekend.


Since I was feeling like eating something a bit lighter than pizza but more substantial than salad, I made some zucchini pizzas for myself.

I love stuffed zucchini but quite honestly, they are a lot of work. There is a lot of chopping and sautéing and baking and broiling that goes into make a really great stuffed zucchini. This zucchini pizza is super easy to make and they are really quite tasty.  It's a great alternative for me when I don't want to indulge in a cheesy pizza.



Zucchini Pizza








Slice zucchini in half.  Trim a small portion off of the bottom so that it can sit evenly on the baking sheet. 















Brush the tops of the zucchini with olive oil.  Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.


Top with sliced cherry tomatoes.



 Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.



Bake 20-30 minutes at 375.



Top with fresh basil and enjoy.



This is a great recipe to have in your collection when your garden starts producing zucchini in abundance this summer.  Enjoy.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment