Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fool's Day Juice


It's April Fool's Day and I played a little April Fool's trick on my family this morning at breakfast.  I had seen this recipe in my Taste of Home magazine but I was careful not to mark it so that no one would catch on to my little prank.  It's is called Edible Juice in the magazine and it was exactly what I needed to make to play a little April Fool;s Day practical joke on my family. 

Edible Juice
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
4 cups orange juice
4 teaspoons sugar
4 drinking glasses with straws

Juice fresh oranges or use store bought orange juice.


Sprinkle gelatin over 1 cup of juice and let stand for 1 minute.


 In saucepan, bring remaining juice and sugar to a boil.


Stir in gelatin until dissolved.













 Pour into 4 glasses.  (I made a half recipe.)











 Insert straws and refrigerate until firm.  (I put mine in the frig overnight.)







My family was a little suspicious when I hovered over them more than usual while they ate their breakfast.  I could hardly wait to see their faces when they tried to take the first sip of their juice.  Ben was the first one to pick up his glass and try and take a drink of the juice - he was definitely fooled. 







Happy April Fool's Day friends.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment