Saturday, March 30, 2013

Bunny Rolls


Well the last minute Easter rush is on.  Here it is, the day before Easter and I find myself rushing to finish up minute lunch preparations, clean up the house and gather up all of the necessary supplies for tomorrow's celebration.  Luckily for me, the kids were home from school yesterday and I took a much needed break in the afternoon to color Easter eggs with them.  







We used Kool Aid to dye the eggs this year just like we did last year.  It works great and it smells fantastic.  If you want the directions for Kool Aid dye, check out last year's blog. 










This year we made 8 different colors with our Kool Aid mixes.


We tried pink lemonade and lemonade but neither one worked very well.

 





Once the Easter eggs were dyed, it was time to move on to Easter dinner preparations.  This year, I decided to make my mom's roll recipe and turn them into bunnies.  I saw this idea on Pinterest but mine didn't EXACTLY turn out like the ones that were pictured.  Oh well, they are still cute and if nothing else, they will make a great conversation piece for our Easter table. 


Start with your favorite roll dough.  (I made a batch of white dough and a batch of whole wheat.)


Divide dough into equal parts.  Just as you would if you were making rolls.  Shape each portion into an egg shape.  (elongated oval)








Use scissors to cut ears into the top of each portion.


















Use a sharp tool to hoke eye holes in each bunny roll.



Allow rolls to rise on baking sheet for 30 minutes.









Bake as you would rolls.








Cool on wire racks.


I made some super fat bunnies.



Regardless of what they look like, they are still made from my favorite roll recipes so they will taste delicious.  I definitely got better at cutting out the ears as I went along. 

I hope that you all of you have a very Happy Easter tomorrow.

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment