Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Turkey, Apple, Gruyere Bites



I am stuck in an appetizer rut.  I tend to make my favorite appetizer dishes over and over again.  It's time for me to break out of my rut and start making some new and exciting bite sized food.  I stumbled upon this recipe for Turkey, Apple, Gruyere Bites one afternoon when I was trying to come up with something to make myself for lunch.  I put together these tiny little sandwiches with ingredients that I had on hand and it was such a satisfying and delicious lunch that I decided they would make a perfect appetizer as well.   You can change up the meat or the cheese to make your own version of these mini baguette sandwiches.  Lunch or appetizer - they're pretty darn good. 

Turkey, Apple, Gruyere Bites
Sliced deli turkey
thin slices of granny smith apple
slices of Gruyere cheese
Toasted baguette

Start with a small toasted baguette.  I used some that were leftover from a batch of beef and blue crostini.
 

Top with a slice of low sodium deli turkey.

 
Top with a thin slice of apple.  (I cut mine on a mandolin.)


Top with a thin slice of gruyere cheese.


Place under the broiler to melt the cheese.



These make really yummy appetizers or in my case, a really yummy lunch.  I you have a great appetizer recipe that  you want me to try, send it to me.  I'm always interested in hearing from my blog followers. 

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment