Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Latte



It just isn't Fall until I've watched Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.  I love that movie - it's a classic.  Maybe it's because I love going to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins with my family.  Last Friday, we headed to the farm to choose the pumpkins that will adorn our front porch for the next several weeks and eventually become our Halloween Jack O'Lanterns. 

 
 

There were some GIANT pumpkins growing in the field but fortunately, I was able to convince the kids to choose a couple of medium sized pumpkins instead of a larger than life pumpkin. 
 

 

Now that we have our pumpkins, I'm ready to sit back and watch Charlie Brown and sip on a pumpkin spice latte.  Good thing I have a recipe for that. 
 

This recipe came from loveveggiesandyoga.com. 

Pumpkin Spice Latte




1 c milk (You can use almond or soy milk, half and half or rice milk)
1/4 heaping cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend, or to taste
1 tsp cinnamon, or to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract










 




Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix.


Even though the directions didn't say so, I ran my pumpkin creamer through a coffee filter to strain out any spices or pumpkin that didn't get completely dissolved.


 








Store the pumpkin coffee creamer in an airtight container in the refrigerator.  If you love it as much as I do, it won't take long to use it up. 










Add it to your cup of steaming hot coffee (decaf in my case) and top it off with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.  Delicious. 


I feel like I should warn you that this pumpkin creamer will add some texture to your coffee.  It's thick and creamy consistency will not dissolve completely and some settling may occur in the bottom of your cup.  I really didn't mind the pumpkin particles that sank to the bottom of my mug and I would much rather have that in my coffee than an artificially flavored coffee syrup! 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment