Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chocolate Swirl Buns














Last night was the homecoming dance at school and I would be remiss if I didn't post at least one picture of the event. 



















Earlier in the week was the homecoming parade.


The town that my children attend school is the epitome of small towns.  (Think Mayberry, USA)   I love the little town and sometimes I forget that even though it's within a 30 minute drive from Atlanta, they are light years away from big city living.  Filled with farms and wide open spaces, this tiny little town is home to some of the friendliest people that I have ever met.  Like most small towns that I have been a part of, they have a strong sense of community and they're rooted in their traditions.  One of their traditions is to hold the homecoming dance in the school cafeteria right after the Friday night homecoming football game.  It's very informal.  (Cowboy boots and jeans seem to be the preferred wardrobe.)  It's a lot different than the homecoming dances that I went to (MANY years ago) but it's a long standing tradition and they are not about to change it.

Saturday morning is the perfect time for a big family breakfast.  Start a new tradition in your house this weekend and make a batch of these chocolate swirl buns.  They are delicious. 



Chocolate Swirl Buns

Directions

Combine dry ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment