Monday, August 27, 2012

Tuna Melt



As much as I love to cook, sometimes I just need an easy lunch that doesn't take long to prepare and keeps me full and satisfied for hours.  Hello - tuna melt.  I blogged a tuna melt last August but this one is a little different and I thought it deserved another shot on the blog.  It really is delicious, quick, easy and satisfying - what more could you want out of lunch?


Tuna Ciabatta Melts
1 pouch light tuna in water
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
2 Tablespoons chopped cucumber
1 Tablespoon sliced green onion
1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 slices avocado
pinch salt
pinch pepper
2 ciabatta rolls
1/4 cup cheddar cheese

I used a ciabatta baguette so I sliced it into 3 inch sandwich portions and sliced them in half.


Combine tuna, celery, cucumber, green onion, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
 

Place rolls on a baking sheet and arrange avocado on half of bread.

 
Spread half of each roll with half of mixture.
 

Sprinkle with cheese.

 
Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.


3 minutes later - voila - Tuna Melt Extraordinaire!



I thought this sandwich was amazing.  My son didn't like the celery in the tuna and asked for his tuna "plain" next time.  I actually liked the crunch of the celery but I can see his point.  The next time you need to grab a quick lunch, give this tuna melt a try.

 Ciao!




Tuna Ciabatta Melts
1 pouch light tuna in water
2 Tablespoons chopped celery
2 Tablespoons chopped cucumber
1 Tablespoon sliced green onion
1 Tablespoon light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon dill weed
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 slices avocado

pinch salt
pinch pepper
2 ciabatta rolls
1/4 cup cheddar cheese


Combine tuna, celery, cucumber, green onion, mayonnaise, dill, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.  Place rolls on a baking sheet and arrange avocado on half of bread.  Spread half of each roll with half of mixture.  Sprinkle with cheese.   Broil 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment