Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rainbow Jello Slices

 
 
Rainbow Gelatin Orange Wedges



I saw this idea for rainbow gelatin orange wedges on pinterest and I immediately knew I wanted to make them for my daughter's pool party.  I modified the recipe slightly from its original version from buzzfeed.com.


Rainbow Gelatin Orange Wedges
12 oranges
6 boxes of jello (I used lemon, lime, strawberry, berry blue, grape and orange.)


Cut each orange in half.




 
I used a pairing knife to cut around the edges of the orange and then I scooped out the inside with a spoon.


This job would be MUCH easier if you used a juicer. 



 Put the empty orange halves in a muffin tin to hold them upright.
 

Prepare each 3 ounce box of jello by adding 2/3 cups boiling water.  Stir until dissolved.  Pour jello into orange halves.  


Refrigerate the jello for at least 4 hours.  Slice each half into thirds. 



The rainbow gelatin orange wedges were so pretty that I couldn't stop taking pictures of them.  (I got a little carried away and I went a little overboard on the photography.) 

These gelatin wedges would definitely brighten up any party table.  

Don't forget that you can follow my blog on facebook too.  Sign up on the right side of the blog today.

Ciao!


3 comments:

  1. for a hot summer pool party, wont these start melting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tray of ice underneath the platter of jello slices is a great way to keep these treats cool at a pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is an easier way to peel off the two intact halves of orange peel. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CTEwiPEgjWg

    ReplyDelete