Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grilled Broccoli


I love to cook meals outside on my Big Green Egg - especially when the weather gets warm.  I'm accustomed to cooking meats on the grill but I haven't tried grilling very many vegetables on the Egg.  I found a recipe for Roasted Broccoli recently and even though the directions said to roast it in the oven, I decided to try it on the grill. 

 

Roasted Broccoli
1 large head of broccoli
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
ground pepper






Cut stalks into 2-3 inch lengths.  Trim off all outer peel from broccoli stalk. 

 

 Toss with oil.  Season with salt, sugar and pepper.

 

Heat Big Green Egg to 500 with a disposable aluminum pan in the center.  Add broccoli to hot pan and cook 8-10 minutes. 


 Remove from pan.

 

Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese.
 

This is my new favorite way to eat broccoli - grilled and topped with Parmesan.   I loved all the crispy browned parts on the broccoli and the salty cheese.  My husband liked the broccoli this way too but I think the kids still prefer to eat their broccoli smothered with Velveeta cheese.  (oh well)  I still like this roasted grilled broccoli and I have a feeling that it will be a frequent side dish at our table this summer. 

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment