Friday, April 6, 2012

Strawberry Season

  

It's strawberry season in Georgia!  I have been anxiously awaiting the opening announcement from the local strawberry farm.  I got the email at 9:00 Monday morning and by 10:00, I was in the field with empty buckets and my camera.   





Rows and rows of gorgeous green plants dotted with bright red berries - what a great way to start the week. 







 
 
 




The juicy, ruby colored berries were plentiful. 











 I filled both of my buckets with the sweet fruit in about 20 minutes. 



 
So what's a girl to do with all of these fresh strawberries?  Add chocolate of course.







You only need 2 things for really great chocolate covered strawberries - exceptional chocolate and exceptional strawberries.  (Check and check)


















I washed my berries and let them dry on paper towels.  I find that the chocolate dries much smoother when working with room temperature fruit.















I melted the chocolate in the microwave and then I dipped. 












The chocolate covered strawberries definitely didn't last long in this house. They were barely dry before we gobbled them up.  I am packed some of the berries to take to the baseball game along with some strawberry yogurt dip too.  (If you missed that recipe - you need to check it out.)  I'm also going to be making a strawberry shortcake for Easter.  (Check back next week for that recipe.) 

Don't forget that you can share individual blog posts with your facebook friends by clicking on the "recommend" link on the right side of the blog.  I hope to see some of you in the strawberry fields soon.


Ciao!


























No comments:

Post a Comment