Saturday, April 14, 2012

Carrot Cupcake Do Over


I did a little cupcake victory dance last week when I finally figured out how to fix the look of my carrot cake cupcakes.  I reluctantly posted carrot cake cupcakes on the blog last Wednesday because I was extremely disappointed in their appearance.  From the very moment that I placed the cupcakes on the plate, it bothered me that they didn't look the way that I wanted them to.  While I was laying in bed one night it dawned on me to turn the decorations upside down.  (Yes, I do lay awake at night thinking about cupcakes.)  I pictured a cupcake topped with a bed of coconut, swirled with  marscapone buttercream frosting, sprinkled with a little toasted coconut and finished with a candy coated chocolate egg. 

The next morning I got to work on my new and improved carrot cake cupcake.  My problems were solved.  The coconut frosting no longer slid off of the top of the cupcake and they had a much more formal look to them.  I went from this...


to this...


Yea.   Now I can deem these cupcakes worthy of cupcake wars.  



Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment