Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Sweet Chicks



One year we adopted a couple of baby chicks just before Easter.  This is a picture of my daughter with of the fluffy little chicks.  I love this picture.  I can't believe this little girl is 13! 


The chicks only lived with us for a short time.  We took them to an Easter carnival at the church and then they went to live on a local farm which was a much more suitable environment for them. 


I  made a batch of Easter chicks this week to send to school.  These chicks didn't last very long in our house either - but these were eaten - not sent to the farm.






I started by making a batch of brownies. 












I baked them in a special Wilton mold.




Once the brownies cooled, I turned them out on a wire rack to cool and inserted a lolipop stick into each one.








 I melted some yellow chocolate.








Let the dipping begin.

 
 

Let the chocolate harden.








Add eyes with piped icing.








 Add beaks and feet with orange icing.


I sent these cute little brownie chicks to school this week.


I did save a couple and put them in the freezer.  Shhh - You never know when one of these little chicks might just appear again.


Who wouldn't love to find one of these sweet little chicks tucked into their basket on Easter morning?

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment