Thursday, February 9, 2012

Colorful Dinner




I usually don't think about grilling kabobs in February but the weather has been so beautiful that I've been inspired to light up my Big Green Egg lately.  I had planned to make chicken kebobs on the Egg this week but when I got to the grocery store, I changed my plans.  The turkey tenderloins looked really good at Whole Foods so I decided to use turkey instead of chicken on my kabobs.

Even though I think it looks really pretty to alternate vegetables and meats on a single skewer, it's really not very practical.  The vegetables usually cook much quicker than the meat and I end up with over done veggies.  I separated my vegetables onto their own skewers so that I can cook each vegetable to perfection.
 

I skewered some baby bella mushrooms...
 
 

and some slices of zucchini...



and some sweet red bell peppers...




and some red onion wedges.



Together, I had quite a colorful collection of vegetables for grilling.






I cut the turkey tenderloins up into bite size pieces.










I stirred together a simple ginger marinade.

Ginger Marinated Chicken
½ cup soy sauce                     1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup ketchup                        1 teaspoon ginger
¼ cup brown sugar                1 teaspoon mustard
1 Tablespoon oil                     6 chicken breasts
1 Tablespoon molasses


I poured the marinade over the turkey and put it in the refrigerate for about 2 hours. 



I grilled my vegetables first.



I grilled my turkey kabobs second.



I grilled twice as much turkey as I thought we would need for dinner because I wanted to use some another meal.   The kabobs were such a big hit that we ended up eating all of them for dinner.  It's back to the grocery store for me.  I'm really glad that everyone liked the dinner.


Ciao!






















No comments:

Post a Comment