Sunday, January 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies



I have made all different kinds of peanut butter cookies.  I've tried literally dozens of peanut butter cookie recipes and my family overwhelmingly prefers this version the best.  I found this recipe on the back of the Jiff peanut butter jar.  It's not fancy or complicated - just simple and delicious.  The only variation that I made to the original recipe is that I don't like to press my peanut butter cookies with the back of a fork.  I'm not really sure where this tradition started but I don't like fork marks on my cookies - I prefer a more rustic looking peanut butter cookie. 


Jiff Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
1 ½ cups peanut butter            2 Tablespoons vanilla
1 cup shortening                        2 eggs
2 ½ cups brown sugar               3 ½ cups flour
6 Tablespoons milk                    1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda

Cream shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla.  Beat in eggs.


Add dry ingredients.


Use cookie scoop to make cookie balls . (I don't press them down.)



Bake 10 minutes at 350.  



I made a double batch of these yummy cookies so I could put some in my freezer for another day. 

Ciao!
Jiff Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
1 ½ cups peanut butter            2 Tablespoons vanilla
1 cup shortening                        2 eggs
2 ½ cups brown sugar               3 ½ cups flour
6 Tablespoons milk                    1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda

Cream shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla.  Beat in eggs.  Add dry ingredients.  Form balls and flatten with a fork.  (or just leave as rustic cookies)  Bake 10 minutes at 350. 


No comments:

Post a Comment