Thursday, January 26, 2012

I'm now on pinterest





People have been telling me about pinterest for months and I've never really taken the time to go on the site and see for myself what it's all about.  (I spend a lot of time sitting at my computer already so I'm hesitant of internet sites that can drain even more time out of my day.)  I was curious enough to check out pinterest anyway and I was pleasantly surprised.  It was really interesting and I found tons of recipes!  I posted a bunch of my recipes onto my boards and it was really quick and easy.  I am not the computer savvy person that my husband is, so I felt really accomplished having navigated this site independently.  (I like to take the credit but it wasn't really me but the fact that pinterest makes it really easy.)  After an hour on pinterest, I was completely sucked in.  It was fun to watch as people "repinned" or "liked" one of my recipes.   I posted this Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe on my muffin board today.      

Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 ½ cups flour                                         1 cup + 1 Tablespoon sugar
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder           2 eggs
½ teaspoon salt                                       1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
¾ cup butter                                           ¾ cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat butter and 1 c. sugar for 2 minutes.  (This seems like such and easy step but don't underestimate it's importance.  Make sure you thoroughly cream the sugar and butter together.)

 
Add eggs and vanilla.


Blend in flour mixture alternating with milk.

 


Stir in chocolate chips.


Fill six jumbo muffin cups with batter and sprinkle with 1 T. sugar.


Bake 21-23 minutes at 350.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.


If you're a pinterest fan - check out my muffin board. 

Ciao!


Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 ½ cups flour                                         1 cup + 1 Tablespoon sugar
3 ½ teaspoons baking powder           2 eggs
½ teaspoon salt                                       1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
¾ cup butter                                           ¾ cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Beat butter and 1 c. sugar for 1 minute.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Blend in flour mixture alternating with milk.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Fill six jumbo muffin cups with batter and sprinkle with 1 T. sugar.  Bake 21-23 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment