Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Going Bananas


I must have inherited my love of frozen bananas from my dad.  I can remember my dad eating frozen bananas during our summers at the lake.  As a kid, I used to think of it as a strange choice for a dessert but now that I am an adult, it is one of my most favorite summertime treats. 

Frozen Bananas
Bananas (cut in half)
Melted chocolate (My personal preference is dark chocolate.)
Popsicle sticks
Optional toppings (sprinkles, nuts, etc.)

Place a piece of waxed paper on top of a small cutting board.  Insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of each banana half.  Dip the banana in melted chocolate and place on waxed paper.  Sprinkle with desired toppings.  (The sky's the limit.)  Transfer the board with the bananas into the freezer for 1 hour.  Once the bananas are firm, place each banana in a sandwich bag with a zipper closure.  Store them in your freezer for up to 1 month.

Give these frozen bananas a try and see if your family enjoys them as much as my family.  It is a great way to use up extra bananas.  As an added bonus: they have more potassium than a Popsicle.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment