Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cookie Crisis

It happens every January - I work all month to create healthy meals so that I can stick to my New Year's resolution to eat healthier and then BAM - out of nowhere - it's Girl Scout Cookie season!  No matter what I do to try and prepare myself to resist cookie temptation, it's useless.  I'm absolutely powerless against the sweet treats.  I can't blame the Girl Scouts really for making completely irresistible cookies and marketing them brilliantly.  The Girl Scouts are masters of fundraising and cookie baking!  My family likes the thin mints and the samoas so when we got the knock on our door last week from the sweetest Girl Scout on the block, I placed my order.

Apparently just placing an order for Girl Scout cookies started the cookie juices flowing for my daughter.  She took it upon herself to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies last week.  She used the recipe on the back of the Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips bag to make these delicious cookies. 



Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Gather up ingredients for the cookies.






Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.














Beat butter and sugars in mixer until creamy.














Add vanilla and eggs.


























Gradually blend in flour mixture.














Stir in chocolate chips.








 
Drop by scoopfuls onto silpat lined baking sheets.


 
Bake 10 minutes at 375.



The cookies were awesome.  They were soft and chewy and delicious - I can say that objectively because I didn't make them.  They definitely filled our cookie void until our Girl Scout cookie order is delivered.

Ciao!


Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups Ghirardelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips


Preheat oven to 375.  Stir together flour, baking soda and salt.  Beat butter and sugars in mixer until creamy.  Add vanilla and eggs.  Gradually blend in flour mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by scoopfuls onto silpat lined baking sheets.  Bake 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment