Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve

 
We are lucky enough to have family in town to celebrate Christmas at our house this year.
One of our special guests is my niece who is really excited about Santas impeding visit.  Her enthusiasm for Christmas is energizing and contagious.  Since she was so excited about the visit from Santa Claus, I had a feeling she would be just as energetic about decorating sugar cookies for him.


I made a batch of sugar cookies earlier in the week.  Sometimes I wrap and freeze the dough before I cut the cookies into shapes.  This time however, I decided to go ahead and cut and bake all of the cookies before freezing them.  I had a feeling that that the kids would want to get right to the decorating.


Once the cookies were cool.  I put them into ziploc bags and put them in the freezer.  I pulled them out of the freezer tonight and I put the kids to work on decorating.  I put out lots of icing and sprinkles for creating cookie masterpieces.




The girls put the cookies on a plate for Santa before they went to bed.

 

Santa Claus is one lucky guy to have these beautiful cookies waiting for him.  I hope that you all have a very Merry Christmas.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment