Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Grilled Raspberry Chicken

  

Yesterday it was about 65 degrees in Atlanta so I decided to take advantage of the mild weather, fire up my Big Green Egg and grill some Raspberry Chicken for dinner.  I originally had something else planned for dinner but I changed my plans when I realized that it was perfect grilling weather.  This recipe is super easy and really yummy!

Raspberry Chicken
1 cup + 4 ½ teaspoons raspberry vinaigrette  (I used Trader Joes brand raspberry vinaigrette.)
2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary
6 chicken breasts  (I used 3 chicken breasts but they were HUGE.)
½ cup seedless raspberry jam  (I couldn't find seedless so I used raspberry preserves with seeds.)
1 ½ teaspoons lime juice  (I used 1/2 of a fresh lime.)
½ teaspoon soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Combine 1 cup vinaigrette and rosemary and pour over chicken.  Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.


Combine remaining ingredients.  


Grill chicken and baste with marinade. 


It doesn't get much simpler than that.   


I used half of the sauce for a glaze and I passed the remaining sauce at the table.  I was afraid that the seeds in the sauce would scare my children away but they really loved it.  They both spooned big helpings of sauce over the chicken on their plates and never even mentioned the seeds.  (Yea - a small victory over my finicky eaters.)  The Raspberry Chicken was really moist and flavorful.  I love the rosemary and raspberry combination.


When I first started writing my blog, I never dreamed that I would have so many readers within the first 6 months.  Let's face it, last year at this time I didn't even understand the purpose of a blog.  I am thrilled and honored that you have taken this journey with me and I am truly humbled by your faithful support.  My blog has helped me to reconnect with old friends and faraway family members.  It's also given me the opportunity to meet a lot of new people - mostly foodies.  All of you help me to stay motivated to keep writing and publishing the blog.  I am blessed to have an opportunity like this to share my recipes, my ideas and my life and I'm grateful for my faithful fans who take the time to read it.  As blog followers, you not only serve as my inspiration but you also help to promote my food blogger status.  Having a large number of followers gives me more opportunities in the Foodbuzz community.  (Like more free food samples, products and opportunities blog about.) 

For those of you that haven't officially become blog followers, you can become a follower by clicking on the blue "Join this site" box on the right side of my blog.  You can also become a facebook follower and get facebook updates when new blogs are published.  

From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of you who have already passed along my blog to your friends and family members.  You are the reason that I have the following that I have today.  I appreciate all of your help and I couldn't do this without your support. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment