Monday, December 26, 2011

Feast of the Seven Fishes 2011

Before we made our annual Christmas Eve fish feast this year, we made a family trip to the Dekalb Farmer's Market.  It may have been the longest time that I have ever spent in one grocery store on a single trip.  I think we stayed at the market a little over 2 1/2 hours.  It was really awesome and I really wanted to take pictures of everything but it was very clear that photographs inside the market were prohibited.  You will just have to trust me that this was an awesome place.


We bought some fresh shrimp, mussels, crab legs, a brazino fish and a lobster.  Of course we found a lot of other treasures in the market as well. (The fresh herbs were amazing - and cheap!)


I think we all had a lot of fun at the market.  Apparently I am not the only one who loves the farmer's market because - it was super crowded. 

We used a lot of our market purchases in our Feast of Seven Fishes.
We started with Roasted Red Pepper Crab Soup.


My dad brought some calamari and spaghetti sauce.



My brother made some panko baked shrimp.


He also grilled a brazino fish.


I grilled some sockeye salmon with garlic and herb cheese stuffing.


We had crab legs and lobster.



My parents made mussels.


Just in case you lost count - that was 7 different fish for dinner.  (8 if you count the 2 different ways we ate crab.)  It was all delicious and we all ate way too much.  It was really good.

I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment