Friday, October 21, 2011

Mexican Stuffed Shells


Last night I made Mexican stuffed shells for dinner.  I like to think of it as a fusion of Mexican and Italian cuisines.  I needed a quick and easy dinner that I could throw together in under 20 minutes because I was busy with other projects yesterday.  We ate the shells with a spinach salad and a side of Soupe au Pistou  - a delicious meal. 

Mexican Stuffed Shells
1 pound ground beef                  24 ounces jumbo pasta shells
16 ounce jar salsa                       1 cup cheddar cheese
8 ounces tomato sauce              1 cup Monterrey jack cheese
1 cup frozen corn                        8 ounces sour cream
½ cup chopped olives               4 ounce can green chilies







Cook pasta shells according to package directions.
 





Cook beef and drain.








Stir in salsa, tomato sauce, corn, olives, chilies and ¾ cup of the cheeses. 











Stuff shells with filling and place in a casserole pan.  Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes at 375.






Ryan stuffed the shells for me because I was busy finishing up a cake.  We all loved this dinner.  My daughter ate 11 stuffed shells ... that says it all.


Okay the truth is - we will celebrate just about anything at our house.  Monday was Mia's 4th birthday.  It's hard to believe that she's 4 already - probably because she still acts like a puppy.


We celebrated with one of her favorite treats ...






ICE.



We gave Mia her very own bucket of ice.  She was super excited about her birthday ice.  I don't really know if it's normal for a dog to love ice as much as she does - but it makes her happy.  

We even put a candle in her ice and sang to her - yes, we really are that ridiculous. 


Bon Appetit!


No comments:

Post a Comment