Friday, September 30, 2011

Tailgate sandwiches


You don't have to hang around my house very long to figure out that my husband and my son love college football.  They love football season and everything that goes along with it.  If you are planning to sit down and watch some football at home this weekend or heading out to a game, you need to try these bite size sandwiches.  They're the perfect little sandwich to snack on during the big game.  


Sassy tailgate sandwiches
12 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
1 pound shaved ham
12 ounces white American cheese
8 ounce tub Philadelphia chive and onion cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

Arrange bottoms of rolls in a greased 9x13" baking dish. (I used a 9" square baking pan for 9 sandwiches.). Layer sandwich bottoms with ham and cheese. speed each roll top with cream cheese. Place over cheese. In small bowl melt butter. Add worcestershire and Parmesan. Let stand for 20 minutes. Cover dish and bake 20 minutes at 350.



With the leftover rolls, I made some mini sandwiches for my daughter's lunch for the next day.  She was super excited about the "cute" ham and cheese minis.

Send me your comments with your family's favorite tailgate food.  What do you like to munch on while you watch the game?


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment