Thursday, September 8, 2011

Perfect end to a healthy day


I think that I have the happiest dog in the world.  I took Mia for a walk in the park the other day and I know she was smiling at me.  Who says that dogs can't smile?

There is nothing like a nice long morning walk to clear my mind and help me to refocus on the really important things in my life.  There is something about being outside that helps me put things back into perspective. 





When I get home from my walk, I feel energized and ready to tackle the rest of my day - Mia has other plans.






For me, healthy living means exercise AND good nutrition.  It really doesn't make sense for me to do one without the other.  Don't get me wrong, I definitely enjoy a sweet treat as much as the next girl - but I try and eat them in moderation.

I like to incorporate fish into our diet at least once a week and one of my favorite fish dishes -  Parmesan Fish.  I make this recipe quite a bit for my family.  We all love it, it's super easy and I can prepare the dish in the afternoon while the kids are still in school.  


Parmesan Fish
Italian Dressing  - I use whatever type of Italian vinaigrette that I happen to have on hand.             
Panko Bread Crumbs
Fresh Parmesan Cheese - Use the best Parmesan that you can find.            
Fish filets - Any light and flaky fish filets will do.  (tilapia, cod, perch, bass, etc.)
Salt and Pepper

Place fish in baking dish.  Pour dressing over fish.  The fish can marinate in the dressing for up to 4 hours. Season with salt and pepper.  Sprinkle with panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.  Bake 20 minutes at 350.





The key to this dish is REALLY good Parmesan cheese.  I am lucky enough to have a friend who brings me great Parmesan from France and Italy on a regular basis.  (Thanks, Ben)




Even if you don't have an international cheese connection, you can still make this fish dish.  Check out the cheese selection at your local supermarket.  (Trader Joes has an awesome selection of imported cheeses too.)

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment