Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day barbeque


Happy Labor Day 

I hope that you are able to enjoy a relaxing Labor Day with your family and friends today.  It's going to be a rainy day in Georgia but I am looking forward to spending some quality time with my family in spite of the weather.  I feel like we have been heading in four different directions lately and I'm excited about hanging out with Ben and the kids today.

If your Labor Day plans include a cookout - give this barbeque chicken a try.  You might be surprised how many people choose chicken over hamburgers.  

Barbecue Chicken
1 Tablespoon sugar           
½ teaspoon ginger
1 Tablespoon chili powder       
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil       
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons salt           
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
6 chicken breasts

Combine the first 8 ingredients and rub on chicken breasts.  Grill chicken until no longer pink inside.  Brush with your favorite barbeque sauce and grill until browned.  Serve with more barbeque sauce. 

There will definitely be a cookout at my house today - in between the rain showers.  We have a new Green Egg Table and we are going to put it to good use today.


Do you have a favorite Labor Day cookout food?  Send me a comment.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment