Friday, September 16, 2011

Cooler Weather


It's hard to believe that 2 days ago it was in the 90's in Atlanta and today the temperature is only going to be 68.  I love it when I can finally pull my favorite pair of jeans out of the closet.  It's been a long hot summer in Georgia so I haven't seen my jeans in months.  It's was like reuniting with a long lost friend.   And as an added bonus - they still fit! 











The cooler weather makes Mia even more frisky than usual.



This is the perfect weather to sit down and have a cup of tea so I thought I would share a dessert recipe to go along with your afternoon tea.


Swedish Raspberry Almond Bars
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 egg whites
6 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup sliced almonds

Cream together butter and powdered sugar.  Gradually add flour.  Press into the bottom of a greased 13x9" pan.  Bake 18 minutes at 350.  Spread jam over crust.  Beat egg white until soft peaks form.  Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form.  Fold in coconut and 1/2 cup almonds.  Spread over jam.  Sprinkle with remaining almonds.  Bake another 18 minutes at 350. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment