Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Angry Birds


Most of you probably already know that Foodbuzz.com  accepted me as a featured publisher last month.  They are also responsible for the great ads that you see on the left side of my blog.  I am on foodbuzz quite a bit and I publish some of my recipes on that site as well.  If you've never been to foodbuzz.com you might want to check it out. 

A couple of weeks ago, I was scanning through some of the recipes in my foodbuzz inbox and I came across these adorable owl cookies.  They came from another blog called Amy's Cooking Adventures.  I printed the picture and laid it on the kitchen counter.  That afternoon when my daughter came home from school and saw the picture, she pleaded with me to make them for her FCA snack this week. 


The owls were really easy to make.  I baked a batch of round sugar cookies and iced half with white icing and half with brown icing.  I opened up mini Oreos for the eyes and then added a brown M&M to each eye.  To finish them off I added a candy corn nose and Oreo halves for eyebrows. 

Somehow my owls came out looking grumpier than the owls that were on Amy's website but I still think their cute.  My husband thinks they look like "angry birds."  I have to agree.  I hope the teenagers at my daughter's Bible study like them - even if they do look like angry birds.

Bon Appetit!




No comments:

Post a Comment