Wednesday, August 24, 2011

You are invited to join my blog


I've received quite a bit of feedback that people are having trouble joining my blog.  First of all, thank you for reading my blog - I am overwhelmed by all of the attention that it has gotten.  I am grateful for all of the faithful followers and I wish I could thank each of you personally.  

I love being able to share my recipes with all of you on the blog and I would love for you to send me your recipe ideas as well.   Several of you have already commented on recipes that I posted on blog.  I am inspired by your ideas and your creativity to adapt my recipes and make them your own.  My followers have even started sharing their recipe ideas with me and they just might turn up in my blog one day.  I am currently working on making the comments on the blog public so that everyone can read the comments that are posted by followers.

The only way that you can post a comment on my blog is to become a "follower."  (You will not be added to an email list or receive any solicitation.)   The best way to communicate with me about my recipes is to post a comment on my blog.  Several of you have already posted questions about last minute substitutions and even brand names of products that I use in my recipes.  (Another reason to make the comments available for everyone to read.)  I read all of the comments and I will answer all of your questions as quickly as I possibly can. 


I will do my best to walk you through the process of joining my blog so that if you haven't already done so, you can become a "follower." 
You can get to my blog by typing in the address (www.mealsforbusyfamilies.blogspot.com) or you can link to it from my facebook account.  (Amy Mazzeo Davis)

When the website appears, it should have a box in the upper right corner that is titled "Followers".  Just under the word followers is a blue box with the words "join this site."  Below the blue box are pictures of my blog followers.  If this box does not appear on your screen, click the refresh button.  If it still does not appear, click on the words "sign in" in the blue bar at the top of the screen and then the back button. 

A separate window will appear and ask you to sign in with a Google, Twitter or a Yahoo account.  (This includes gmail accounts.)  If you don't already have one of these accounts, you can click "create a new Google Account" under the window.

After you enter your email and your password, you will be asked if you want to follow publicly or privately.

I talk to people every single day that tell me they read my blog.  It is reaching places and people that I never imagined it could reach.  I am truly thankful for all of your support and I am honored that you would take time to read my recipes.  The blog has been a great way for me to stay connected to friends and family members and for me to meet new "foodies" with whom I can share recipes.  I look forward to having all of you as followers and reading your comments on my blog.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment