Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Messy but worth it


This is one of the easiest recipes for chicken wings that I have ever seen and they were by far the best.  I took this recipe from the 2011August/September issue of Cooks Country.

Grilled Chicken Wings
1/2 cup salt
2 pounds chicken wings
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon pepper

Dissolve salt in 2 quarts of cold water in large container.  Prick wings all over with a fork.  Submerge chicken in brine, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.  Combine cornstarch and pepper.  Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels.  Add to bowl with cornstarch mixture and toss to coat evenly.  Heat Big Green Egg to 325 and place the wings directly on the cooking grate.  Grill about 12 minutes, flip chicken and grill another 10 minutes.  Transfer chicken to a platter, tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes prior to serving. 


As you can see we were pretty messy while we ate our wings - some of us more than others. Despite the messiness (or possible because of it) my family LOVED these wings.  Any food that my kids can eat with their hands, just seems to taste better.  I tossed our wings with little bit of barbeque sauce just before serving.  I will definitely make these again and I wouldn't change a thing.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment