Friday, July 29, 2011

Just Peachy


 Peach season is finally here!  I love peaches - fresh peaches, grilled peaches, peach pie, peach ice cream, you name it.  I found these white flesh peaches at the supermarket this week and they did not disappoint.  I decided to try a new recipe that I cut out of a Cooking Light magazine in July of 2006 with some of these delicious peaches.  (Yes, I really do save recipes that long - I think that I have a problem with recipe hording.)  I made a few adjustments to the recipe and these peaches were absolutely decadent.  A perfect summer dessert.

Warm Stuffed Peaches
 2 peaches, halved
1/2 cup dried fruit, chopped
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt

Scoop peach pulp to form a 2" circle in center of each peach half.  Chop pulp and remaining ingredients.  (except yogurt)  Divide pulp mixture evenly among peach halves and place peaches in a baking dish.


Bake peaches for 40 minutes at 350.  Top each peach with a dollop of vanilla yogurt just before serving.


Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment